Eight Steps You Can Take to Lower Your Cholesterol Naturally
You have seen it on T.V. You read about it in news journals, and magazines, and your doctor may have even talked to you about it. Cholesterol. If you suffer from high cholesterol, you may have been prescribed medication that will lower your cholesterol, but may also have some serious side effects, as most of our medicine does. I have composed a list that will help you lower your cholesterol by taking a natural approach.
1. Eat more fiber. Studies show that fiber has a direct and dramatic cholesterol-lowering effect. You can get plenty of fiber by eating fresh, whole, unprocessed foods and a plant-based diet. Pectin, a soluble form of fiber found in apples, blueberries, and grapefruit, particularly helps reduce cholesterol. If you want to add more fiber, take 1 teaspoon a day of psyllium with 8 ounces if water or juice. Psyllium is the active ingredient in Metamucil, but the latter also has sugar, preservatives, and food colorings. Stick to the plain psyllium found in your health food store- it’s cheaper, too.
3. Add garlic to your diet, Garlic is a powerful cholesterol-lowering substance and lowers blood pressure too. Add it liberally to your diet and take it in capsules.
4. Have a glass of red wine with dinner or a cup of green tea, or take a bioflavonoid supplement such as grapeseed extract and/or green tea daily. Both are known to have a cholesterol-lowering effect. However, too much alcohol (more than two drinks per day) will raise cholesterol levels.
5. Take niacin.
6. Take your cholesterol-busting supplements.
7. Eat your cholesterol-busting foods.
8.Exercise, which will directly raise HDL cholesterol. It’s a must for healthy arteries.
FOLLOW OUR BLOG FROM FACEBOOK
- We would like for you to see the difference. Try out our very unique approach to massage. Just $45.00 for an... fb.me/2opAbt6yE 3 days ago
- Hope you enjoyed your weekend! Today is the start of a new week. So be great today and the rest should follow. 3 days ago
- We are open on Saturdays and Sundays for your convenience. Try us out and experience the difference. Unlike any... fb.me/3SFMqMtfj 6 days ago
- Be sure to stretch after every work-out session. It will help keep your muscles longated. Most people forget the post-work-out stretch. 6 days ago
- Be great today!! 1 week ago
- Lead by example fb.me/2v82NdUCB 1 week ago
- Had a great time last night at the S&B Elite Fitness event. Gave out tons of Gift Certificates, and helped out... fb.me/3EC54W0p5 1 week ago
- Here you go for all of you multi-taskers!! Have a great weekend! fb.me/6RdaDBatE 1 week ago
- Good Morning and Happy Friday! Life can be busy. What do you do to stay active when time isn't on your side? fb.me/1dXj2jB0A 1 week ago
- What are you having for lunch? fb.me/6Hepmv8uZ 2 weeks ago