Eight Steps You Can Take to Lower Your Cholesterol Naturally
You have seen it on T.V. You read about it in news journals, and magazines, and your doctor may have even talked to you about it. Cholesterol. If you suffer from high cholesterol, you may have been prescribed medication that will lower your cholesterol, but may also have some serious side effects, as most of our medicine does. I have composed a list that will help you lower your cholesterol by taking a natural approach.
1. Eat more fiber. Studies show that fiber has a direct and dramatic cholesterol-lowering effect. You can get plenty of fiber by eating fresh, whole, unprocessed foods and a plant-based diet. Pectin, a soluble form of fiber found in apples, blueberries, and grapefruit, particularly helps reduce cholesterol. If you want to add more fiber, take 1 teaspoon a day of psyllium with 8 ounces if water or juice. Psyllium is the active ingredient in Metamucil, but the latter also has sugar, preservatives, and food colorings. Stick to the plain psyllium found in your health food store- it’s cheaper, too.
3. Add garlic to your diet, Garlic is a powerful cholesterol-lowering substance and lowers blood pressure too. Add it liberally to your diet and take it in capsules.
4. Have a glass of red wine with dinner or a cup of green tea, or take a bioflavonoid supplement such as grapeseed extract and/or green tea daily. Both are known to have a cholesterol-lowering effect. However, too much alcohol (more than two drinks per day) will raise cholesterol levels.
5. Take niacin.
6. Take your cholesterol-busting supplements.
7. Eat your cholesterol-busting foods.
8.Exercise, which will directly raise HDL cholesterol. It’s a must for healthy arteries.
FOLLOW OUR BLOG FROM FACEBOOK
- We are proud to announce that we are your new local Omnitrition distributor. Go see what everyone is excited... fb.me/2jBo9NRBq 1 year ago
- 2013 is right around the corner. What are some of your goals for the new year? fb.me/2urRJTIhy 1 year ago
- Are you ready for the weekend? We are available for you guys tomorrow from 9am - 1pm. Call for your appointment. 916-877-4325 1 year ago
- Two specials to tell you about. Frugal Fridays is coming up. All massage treatments are half off!!! All day... fb.me/1I2YcmDQr 1 year ago
- Happy Wednesday everyone! Are you enjoying this weather? 1 year ago
- Succesfull people fail all the time! fb.me/2hUYSkd9n 1 year ago
- Never think you are too small for big changes! fb.me/14JQh81bw 1 year ago
- World AIDS Day is December 1. Here are some statistics on the current state of the epidemic: bit.ly/VaVBEJ fb.me/1xwCJU2pK 1 year ago
- Tell us your thoughts with this mannequin. It has sparked a lot of controversy. fb.me/2mjFbXz17 1 year ago
- Today is the last day of November! Tomorrow starts our Give and Receive Special!! Buy a massage for yourself and... fb.me/1mjM6p4c0 1 year ago